Bundy Bash 2 Trip:
30th March - 2nd April 2018 (Easter)
Trip grading. Medium to Hard/ Difficult.
Come and enjoy the western front of the Bundaberg area up in the hills at Kalpowar. There will be a combination of larger loops 100kms+ and smaller harder tracks with some exploration of areas involved. There will be small pieces of history of the region in places.
Easter being Easter, I’m not expecting Kalpowar to get busy as the park isn’t that well known so hopefully it will be a pleasant experience, but still get your spot booked early. Wongi camping area however may fill up quick, but this is just a stop over to break up the driving. There is Lenthals dam, and of course general light camping in the state forest if you feel like fully roughing it for the night if you miss out.
I would suggest to take extra fuel, I’m taking an extra 40L as its Easter and small towns may be fully shut up, Gin Gin being a truck stop will be open (85kms away).
The camp area has drop toilets, fire pits, non-potable water, and picnic tables, it’s a nice big grassy area suitable for all types of camping. When booking, please book for “Kalpowar camping area” as there is other options with Kalpowar, and “Wongi camping area” as well if your planning on the stop over Thursday night.
- Meet at Kalpowar camping area Friday morning, set up camp, have lunch, and a afternoon drive in the forestry.
- Bigger easy loop around Mt Perry through the bush and various points of interest
- Stop off at Gin Gin for anyone who needs refuel/ purchase anything for the next day.
- Explore through the hills of Kalpowar and surrounds. (This may get difficult as there is some full on off-road tacks and extreme hills in the area, however we can tame it to suit the crowd) This is weather dependant, we have an alternative loop to do should it be wet.
- Pack up and drive home via the Burnett Hiway to miss the Brisbane Easter traffic Jam!
Please contact me if you have any questions via Email, email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org