There are a few items of equipment that are essential when attending a Club trip. These are for your own safety and the safety of others.
For Scenic trips these items are required:
- CB radio. This can be fitted to the vehicle or hand held.
The Club usually uses Channel 17 for communications
- Fire extinguisher
- Basic first aid kit
- Covered footwear
For all other grades of trip, these additional items are required:
- Rated recovery points, front and rear. Note that tow balls are not suitable
- Snatch strap for recovery
- Tow rated D or bow shackles
The Club recommends these as optional items to be carried:
- Terrain specific tyres
- Portable air compressor and tyre pressure gauge
Basic tool kit
- Emergency spare parts - talk with Club members to determine the parts that are best suited to your vehicle
- Fluids - water, oil, WD40, etc
- High lift jack with a suitable base plate
- Tow strap, drag chain and tree protector strap
- Rigger's gloves - for handling winch wires
- Shovel, axe and bush saw
- Torch or work light
- Winch - mat be vehicle mounted or portable such as a Tirfor. Spare shear pins
The club owns additional equipment that the Trip leader will bring if it is considered appropriate. This equipment is in addition to that carried by trip participants.